Sunday, April 20, 2008

I’m spinning around ...

Well, not me actually, I’m standing (or rather sitting) still. But there is a whole lot of spinning going on here this weekend.

I finally picked up my spindles again. Buying such a beautiful fibers recently acted as a catalyst and my spinning mojo came back.

No, nie dosłownie, przynajmniej nie ja kręcę sie w kółko, tylko moje wrzeciono, które ostatnio odkryłam na nowo. Katalizatorem były chyba też moje ostatnio zakupione runa,

Ravelry is an amazing place, bursting with inspiration and challenges. No wonder my current spinning WIP is a result of visiting ravelry’s Spindler’s Group. Every moth there is a new challenge, spinning theme. And this month’s challenge is:

“The theme for our April challenge is “April Showers” or “Rain Showers” if you don’t have rain in April.

This challenge is for anyone, beginners or skilled spinners. There are only three requirements to participate in any challenge.

  1. Start and complete at least one skein (of any length) of yarn fitting the challenge theme during the month of the challenge.
  2. Your yarn must be spun on a spindle (drop or support). After all, that is what we’re here for :)
  3. Post a photo of your completed yarn before the last day of the month. If you’ve posted in progress pictures, but no completed photo your yarn will not be entered.

As soon as we’ve collected all the submitted entries on the last day of the month, a randomized winner will be chosen. This person will get to choose the next months challenge, and a photo of their handspun will be posted on the Spindlers main page.”

Ravelry to magiczne miejsce, pełne inspiracji, motywacji i wyzwań (jest nawet polska grupa!). Jedna z grup, w tym miesiącu za wyzwanie ma stworzenie włóczki zainspirowanej Kwietniowymi ulewami/ burzami. Reguły są proste i dla każdego : należy zacząć i skończyć przynajmniej jeden kłębek wełny (nieważne jakiej wielkości/ długości) włóczki pasującej do tematu danego miesiąca. Włóczka musi zostać wykonana na wrzecionie (nieważne jakim) a jej zdjęcie powinno zostać umieszczone na stronie grupy przed ostatnim dniem miesiąca.

Spośród umieszczonych zdjęć wylosowany zostanie zwyciezca, ktory wymyśli temat na następny miesiąc a zdjęcie jej/ jego włóczki umieszczone bedzie na pierwszej stronie grupy.

It was like a motivation kick, I picked up my spindle and let my fingers feel the fiber again. It took a while to get used to the drafting, flicking the spindle motion, but I am quite happy with what I got so far.

Chwilę zajęło zanim moje palce wyczuły ile włókien pobierać z runa, kiedy i jak mocno zakręcić wrzecionem i jak to wszystko razem ze sobą zsynchronizować. Ale sie udało i jestem zadowolona z tego co sobie ukręciłam do tej pory.


Fibre: 156g (5,5 ounces) of 100% Falkland wool from Spinscerely in lovely light/dark purple and black called Delilah

Włókno: 156 gram 100% wełny Falkland od Spincerely w pięknych odcieniach fioletu i czerni, nazwanej Delilah.

Spindle: 22g top whorl spindle from Spinsanity.

Wrzeciono: 22 gram górne zakupione u Spinsanity.


There are regions with too much twist but I’m hoping that a good whack after washing and also plying will produce a balanced yarn. I’m aiming for sport weight, but I know there will be thinner and thicker parts. I’m still on the learning curve ;o)

Są miejsca gdzie wprowadziłam za dużo, bądź zbyt mało skrętów, ale mam nadzieję, że uda się to naprawić podczas mycia. Miejscami przędza jest cieńsza, czasem wyszla gruba, ciągle się uczę. Może kiedyś uda mi sie zrobić gładka, jednolitej grubości włóczke.


Oh, I still have to count exactly how much I saved this week for my spinning wheel, but I have a feeling I achieved the weakly goal. Yaaayyy!!

Have a great Sunday, and I’ll see you all soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment